During the first week of June Toi Te Ora – Public Health Service are launching a chil...Read More »
Welcome from the desk of the National WellChild /Tamariki Ora coordinator.Read More »
Electronic copy of the ImmNuz newsletter Issue No.67 for Health ProfessionalsRead More »
Welcome to the WellChild/Tamariki Ora site
WellChild is a nationwide organisation based at the School of Population Health at The University of
Our aim is to improve the understanding and use of WellChild/Tamariki Ora services in New Zealand and to help parents and well child providers keep babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers well, growing and developing to their fullest potential.
WellChild/Tamariki Ora is a free service to all New Zealand children.
On this website you will find information about:
- Well Child Services - Health education and promotion, health protection and clinical assessment, and family/whānau support.
- The Well Child framework Well Child Book and Well Child Checks
- Specific topics: including hearing, vision, teeth, immunisation, nutrition, encouraging activity, growth, SUDI prevention, development, behaviour, family and whanau support and postnatal depression, family violence screening.
- Well Child week promotion
- Information about training and education
- Links to useful resources
As part of Well Child/Tamariki Ora Week 5-11 March 2012 - ‘Love and Affection and the 6 week check’ here is a DVD that we think says it all! - Download HERE