During the first week of June Toi Te Ora – Public Health Service are launching a chil...Read More »
Welcome from the desk of the National WellChild /Tamariki Ora coordinator.Read More »
Electronic copy of the ImmNuz newsletter Issue No.67 for Health ProfessionalsRead More »
If you have concerns about your child’s growth discuss with your Well Child Provider or family doctor
· Children’s growth is measured at each of their Well Child/Tamariki Ora checks.
· Children’s length is measured up until age two years, and then height is measured
· Children’s head circumference is measured routinely only up until age one year
· The growth charts currently in use for Well Child services are based on the UK- WHO growth charts developed by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, United Kingdom copyright ©2009, Department of Health, United Kingdom.
· These charts are based on the World Health Organisation growth charts, using the growth patterns of babies that had only been breastfed and show optimal growth.
· Growth charts for children aged 0-5 yrs can be found on pages 75-84 of the WellChild/ Tamariki Ora book or at the Ministry of Health Well Child website